We dog owners would do just about anything if it could ensure that our precious pups would live a long, happy, and healthy life. But we can’t always tell when something is physically wrong with our dog, because they can’t verbally inform us that they’re not feeling well. Fortunately, there are some telltale signs that our dog requires some extra care. One of the most obvious signs is an unhealthy weight.
A dog that’s either overweight or underweight is at risk of various complications, and also, weight can be a good indicator of everything from your dog’s immune system to their mood. Hence, we will be talking about how our CBD pet products might be able to be used as a natural method for managing their weight.
Weight Problems in Dogs
Many dogs have some sort of weight-related issue, being either overweight or underweight. These weight issues can be caused by problems with diet, such as improper feeding portions or giving them the wrong foods for their needs, as well as underlying issues ranging from low appetite due to stress, to hormonal issues that cause thyroid dysfunction.
Regardless of the cause, a dog who is not within the normal weight range for their breed can experience complications down the road. Overweight dogs are susceptible to diabetes and joint and bone issues, and heart disease as well. Underweight dogs may develop serious nutritional deficiencies that lead to everything from seizures to kidney failure.
A dog should be weighed at least once a month to stay on top of their weight, because sometimes, weight changes are so gradual the owner doesn’t even know it’s happening. Of course, you should also always speak to your vet if you have concerns about their weight, or their health in general.
CBD and Dogs: What to Know
The general veterinarian community says yes. Dogs, like humans, possess an endocannabinoid system in their bodies that allows them to use and process cannabinoids, including CBD, just like we do. This means that in theory, the same effects that CBD has on us, it has on our furry companions.
Of course, dogs aren’t humans, and so they require different strengths and formulations from us. Pet-friendly hemp products, such as CBD pet products at Pinnacle Hemp, are formulated with their unique needs in mind, offering the right strengths, dosage levels and ingredients for their bodies.
CBD for Dogs with Weight Problems
But can CBD actually do anything for a pet’s weight? Well, let’s see what the studies have to say.
- Study #1: CBD seems to play a role in regulating the function of appetite. This means that if a dog is either eating too much or eating too little, Cannabidiol might be able to help by balancing the way in which appetite operates. Appetite can be impacted by a lot of issues, ranging from physical pain to digestive health, and another frequently overlooked cause for both low and unusually high appetite is mood-related problems.
- Study #2: CBD binds with CB2 receptors that determine fat storage. This means cannabinoid may be able to play a role in helping fats in the body break down to lower body weight. This could potentially help with dogs who are overweight, especially from overeating.
A high-quality CBD oil extracted from organic hemp using the CO2 process, and tested extensively by a third-party lab for quality and purity. It consists of hemp extract, MCT oil and salmon flavoring, which are all good for your pup’s body. It can be administered under the tongue as a tincture and can also be added to their food bowl each day. Best of all, it comes in a variety of strengths so that you can choose the best potency level for your dog’s breed.
Delicious edible treats that your dog will love being given each day. Available in two unique milligram strengths, these treats are formulated with only top-rated dog-friendly ingredients that are gentle on his or her body. Boasting a full spectrum formula, your pet will experience the exciting properties of each compound in the hemp plant.
Administering Your Canine Pinnacle Hemp CBD
Now that you know about the fantastic dog-friendly CBD products at Pinnacle Hemp, and how they might help you with your dog’s weight-related issues, let’s get into the things that you should know before starting a dog on a cannabidiol routine.
- Have conversation with your veterinarian as they’re authorized to give medical advice, and we are not. They can help you come up with a routine that meets the unique demands of your canine companion.
- Make them fully aware of any possible medications that your dog may be currently taking.
- Follow the instructions on the label to ensure that you’re giving your dog CBD in the proper manner, in terms of dosage and frequency.
- Monitor your pet during the first two weeks of giving them CBD.
- Note: CBD needs to build up in the body before it’s fully effective.
- Allow for a few weeks before deciding if any changes need to be made to your dog’s regimen.
If your pet is struggling to maintain a healthy weight, you might want to incorporate hemp into their routine. Talk to your veterinarian about using the CBD products that are available at Pinnacle Hemp, as they were formulated specially with dogs’ unique needs in mind.