Businesses have the opportunity to make a big impact in the world. That’s why it’s important that businesses give back in a huge way — and we’re doing our part. We care deeply about the planet and creating a business that gives back to nature. That’s why we’re thrilled to share that we’re partnering with One Tree Planted / @onetreeplanted to plant trees.
Why trees? Trees are a significant factor in the earth. They clean our air and water, create habitats for biodiversity, contribute to our health and wellbeing, and create jobs for social impact. Unfortunately, trees are being burned at alarming rates. Forty-six percent of the world’s forests are already destroyed. It only takes 1.2 seconds for a forest area the size of a football field to be destroyed. But that’s only one way we’re losing our forests. Deforestation also happens from clearing land for development, ranching, and climate change. We’re honored to have reforestation through One Tree Planted as an integral part of our business model.
The Importance of Planting Trees
One Tree Planted is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit on a mission to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Their projects span the globe and are done in partnership with local communities and knowledgeable experts to create an impact for nature, people, and wildlife. Reforestation helps to rebuild forests after fires and floods, provide jobs for social impact, and restore biodiversity. Many projects have overlapping objectives, creating a combination of benefits that contribute to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
We are on a mission to help rebuild our forests to rejuvenate our land to:
- Help clean our air: Tree bark and leaves absorb harmful pollutants/gasses and release clean oxygen. That gives us cleaner air to breathe.
- Filter the water: Trees capture rainwater and reduce the risk of natural disasters like floods and landslides. Their roots serve as filters, removing pollutants and slowing down the water’s absorption into the soil. This process prevents harmful waterslide erosion and reduces the risk of over-saturation and flooding.
- Provide shelter/biodiversity: Trees provide homes to hundreds of species of insects, fungi, moss, mammals, and plants. Without trees, forest creatures would have nowhere to call home.
- Restore jobs: Jobs provided by the forestry industry are endless, not to mention the labor it brings through construction. Food-producing trees provide fruit, nuts, and berries, and support the needs of various farmers.
- Improve health: Trees help reduce stress and anxiety. That’s why many hospital patients with rooms overlooking trees are able to recover faster than those without. Also, shade provided by trees protects our skin from sun rays that could prove harmful.
- Impact our climate: Trees help cool the planet by sucking in and storing harmful greenhouse gasses like carbon dioxide into their trunks, branches, and leaves — and releasing oxygen back into the atmosphere.
How It Works
If you’re ready to go on this journey with us, here’s how it works.
For every product sold, we will plant a tree. If you buy ten products, we will plant ten trees. It’s that simple — that’s how it works.
But wait … it gets even better. If you so choose, you can add your own tree. If you do, we will plant two trees for every tree you add (if you so choose).
Through One Tree Planted, trees are planted in North America, Latin America, Africa, Asia, Europe and the Pacific. You have the opportunity to be a change-maker all across the world.
Let’s work together to make the world a better place. As a business, we have the opportunity to make a difference and give back and improve our sustainable initiatives. As an individual, you get to buy the products you need, which will also allow you the opportunity to be an active participant in reforestation